Friday, October 17, 2014

Shaken And Stirred

I really want to shake off my post pregnancy "excesses." Ten months after giving birth, I still haven't seen my old self. I miss her dearly. Not that she's got a body like those of celebrities on Instagram. But still, it's a far cry from what I think I got right now. Worse, I feel like I'm getting farther away.

There's no getting around it -- I have to EXERCISE. And the best way to stir anyone up to work it out -- good music! So, I scavenged the Internet looking for songs to include in my workout playlist. The first one that I found -- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. It's the first single off her upcoming album 1989. And conveniently, I also found a cool workout choreography to it made by Christina Chitwood:


I love that song -- it's just so much fun! Apparently however, not everyone enjoyed it like I did. I saw articles saying that a country music organization disowned Taylor because of the song. But like a lot of YouTube commenters, I didn't even thought she was country before. She have always sounded pop to me.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, her tunes are fun to dance to. Yes, I love dancing! I always have. I was actually part of the dance troupe back in high school. However, life got busier so I hardly have any time for it anymore. As it turns out, dancing is a great cardio exercise. So aside from shaking it out with Taylor, I will also try out Zumba (shown below).


Looks fun, right? I specially like the choreography at around 0:48. It looks like some version of the chicken dance. My hubby laughs out loud every time he sees that part. Also, the crazy guy says I'm about to become a "Zumbie" (he's a Walking Dead fan).

Zombie Dance

Anyway, I will probably also try Shaun T.'s Hip Hop Abs (yes, I'm swallowing more than I can chew, but at least it's not food). My hubby actually wants to join in when I do, because he says that the moves aren't "as feminine as Zumba." It would probably be funny -- I could already imagine his butt sticking out awkwardly in some of the moves.

The best thing however is that I'll have someone to shake with, and it would help keep me motivated. And probably, the laughter will keep me stirred up until I shake off what I want to lose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment