Friday, December 19, 2014

Best Cheap Acoustic Guitar (Yay!)

Christmas is around the corner! And I've been busy looking for the best cheap acoustic guitar, among other things. It's been quite a search -- who knew that there's a ton of choices on earth nowadays?



Most of what I initially found, however, were either too expensive or too cheap. Cheap is good, but guitars at the very low end seem to be borderline toy-ish. And buying a toy we're not. Good thing is, I stumbled upon the Jasmine S35. It was the cheapest in this post about the best acoustic guitars for the money.


I really like how it sounds, and my hubby does too. It's just so...romantic. The best thing however is that it's only $99. Being new to guitars, I thought that such amount is still a little too much. That is, until I saw acoustics that cost thousands of dollars (lol). The S35 is quite a deal – despite it's relatively low price, the reviews are very positive.

Now, I mentioned in my previous post that my hubby suggested that we get a Taylor GS Mini. It's a really nice guitar, but at $499, it's just too much for our budget. It seems it would be a better fit for my slightly small hands (I think I can manage the S35 though). Anyway, if we'll ever buy another guitar, we'll most likely save up for a Mini.

While checking out the Mini, I also got to discover the Baby Taylor. It has a great looking Taylor Swift edition (she does endorse the brand, just as what hubby said).


I really like it's swirl designs at the soundhole. I haven't come across any other guitar under $500 that have elaborate art (the Mini and S35 were kind of plain). What's more, it's only $299. I would have chosen it if not for my hubby. It would be awkward to see a grown man play such a small guitar with “Taylor Swift” on it (lol).

Speaking of $299, I found another brand that has a guitar around such price. That brand is Freshman Guitars, which I first read about at Guitar Coach Magazine. I checked it out because I liked the name -- sounds beginner friendly and reminds me of college days. :) Its FA1TRAV-BK model (I hope they rename it to something catchier) is only a little above $300.

So that's it for my top cheap acoustic guitars. This is probably my last post for this year, so see you in the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment